Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Getting Fit: Training For a 10K Race -- Week 2

Last night was my second round of interval training... slowly making progress and increasing the amount of time I do the intervals.

5 minutes warm-up run at 7mph
12 minutes of 30sec/8.5 mph and 30sec/6.0mph
12 minutes of 30 sec/8.5mph and 60 sec/6.0mph
10 minutes run at 6.4mph
5 minutes cool-down walk at 3.8mph


Doing the intervals weekly is the only main change to my overall exercising program. The other days I still do jogging or elliptical, as well as weight training.

3 comments:

Antonio Howell, M.D. said...

Good luck.

It is always easier to get in shape when you have a goal.

K'arhol said...

the majority of bloggers are facing this problem ( mine too)
i really dont know to do to get effectively high traffic
but look there , im sure ill find interesting things ( in french) : http://blogger-au-bout-du-doigt.blogspot.com/2009/01/rendre-son-blog-populaire-astuces-base.html


this one is my blog : http://darkbohemiia.blogspot.com/
see yu

Unknown said...

I like your blog....I have set my goal now to lose 10kg in a month and I am definitely gonna follow your post to reach that goal. This is a wonderful health care blog..Thanks alot..